Thursday, February 15, 2007

No DVD Codec for Basic Windows Vista

A funny thing happened...

Windows Vista, at Walmart anyway, is only available on DVD. So, I buy a DVD drive.

Fast forward a couple weeks later. I'm like, "Hey, maybe I'll watch Spiderman from my new DVD drive."

Not so fast. Just because I have a DVD drive doesn't mean I can watch movies. No, in fact, Windows Vista Home Basic Edition doesn't come with a DVD Video Codec, the software that's needed and apparently its still not available.

The road points to another upgrade. Microsoft used to ask, "Where can we take you today?" and to that I reply "Where ARE you taking me?".

1 comment:

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

We haven't got any cards, discovered Ross, with hope. insulin. I put the dirt on o' purpose so's to look kind of careless, he half whispered, in an levaquin agony of doubt.. Ingham! No! I never drink any wine at all--except sometimes in summer a little currant spirits--from our own currants, you know. prozac. Exactly so, said the gentleman; and regardless of the propriety of first sending to consult the persons who levitra had engaged the carriage, he told his wife to step in, and following her instantly himself, they drove away to Rutgers Place.. He was not sure what Aunt Missouri's attitude might be if it nifedipine were laid on her...